Zonda Media has extended the late deadline for the 2021 edition of the Builder's Choice Design Awards, previously the Builder's Choice & Custom Home Design Awards or BCCHDA, and will now accept entries until Friday, May 14 (late deadline, $50 fee applies).
For more than three decades, the annual program has celebrated innovation in residential design. Two levels of awards—grand and merit—are issued based on criteria including design excellence, innovation, sustainability, floor plan efficiency, and use of materials. One project may also be elevated to receive the program's highest honor, Project of the Year.
This year's categories include the following:
- Accessory Building / Outdoor Spaces (deck, patio, pool house, stable, garden house, guesthouse, etc.)
- Affordable Housing
- Bath (new construction or remodel)
- Custom Home / 5,000 Square Feet or Less
- Custom Home / More than 5,000 Square Feet
- Interior Renovations (including master suites, basement, attics, mudrooms, etc.)Kitchen (new construction or remodel)
- Modular / Prefab Home
- Multifamily, Duplexes, Townhomes, and Mixed-Use
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / 3,500 Square Feet or Less
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / More than 3,500 Square Feet
- Renovation (residential remodeling, additions, or adaptive reuse)
- Urban or Community Planning