Hard work certainly has paid off for this year’s Remodeling 550. The top 300 full-service remodelers earned 8% more in revenue in 2017 than they did in 2016. The top 150 replacement contracting firms earned a whopping 41% more last year than in 2016.
Not only are these firms bumping up their revenues, but they’re also actively creating better places to work. One way they’re doing that is by improving benefits: In 2018, more companies offer the 13 benefits we list in our survey than did in 2017. While benefits aren’t the only factors contributing to employee satisfaction at a company, benefit packages are a good indicator of how healthy the companies themselves are: more money, more benefits.
Along with the lists, get deeper into the Remodeling 550 with these charts, graphs, and insights:
- Total revenue by full-service firms since 2008
- Replacement contractors' combined revenue since 2008
- How good are full-service firms at accurately forecasting their future revenue?
- The top lead sources for full-service firms
- Benefits offered by full-service firms in 2017 vs. 2016
- Total number of jobs and average job value for full-service firms since 2008
- Which states do Remodeling 550 members call home?
- Which types of projects do full-service firms do most?
- Breaking down the roles performed by employees at full-service firms
- Roofing vs. all other jobs performed by replacement contractors
The Remodeling 550, an annual feature since 2009, profiles the nation’s biggest full-service remodelers, replacement contractors, insurance restoration firms, and franchise operations. Once you tell us a few things about yourself, you can view the lists and download PDFs for each of the four categories.
The bulk of the information in the REMODELING 550 comes from the companies themselves based on their responses to an online survey. Additional information came via email, phone calls, and public sources.
Questions? Comments? Want to be considered for the list next year? Contact Editor-in-Chief Craig Webb at [email protected] or via 202-736-3307.