Every week, REMODELING assistant editor Tim Regan creates for sister publication PROSALES a list of all notable product announcements that crossed his desk. Here's what he has reported since Jan. 1.
- Cleveland Faucet Group released the Capstone three-function handheld showering system.
- Therma-Tru launched the DoorWays App, which marries mobile shopping and visualization for professionals and homeowners alike.
- CertainTeed released new color options for its Panorama composite railings.
- Klein Tools released a new pair of all-purpose pliers, which can strip, cut, and loop 8-16 AWG solid and 10-18 AWG stranded wire.
- CertainTeed released Gyptone BIG Curve expanded the color options for its line of Bufftech vinyl fences.
- Tapco Tools released the PRO19 and MAX-I-MUM XL siding brake systems.
- Therma-Tru added a new camber top glass shape to its line of doors.
- Fypon unveiled a new same-day stain kit in seven colors.
- Johnson Hardware introduced the 2200 Sliding by-pass door hardware to install sliding doors or replace outdated hardware.
- Georgia-Pacific Wood Products launched an app for their structural panel products called GP Panel Guide, available in the App Store for iPad and iPhone, and the Google Play Store for Android devices.
- Under the Roof Decorating released the CenterFinder, a measuring tape that determines the center of any two points.
- BainUltra's new Evanescence tub comes in classic oval or modern rectangular shapes.
- Kobalt launched a new Lowe's-exclusive line of cordless tools, including a hedge trimmer, blower, chainsaw, string trimmer/edger, pole saw and two lawn mowers powered by a 40-volt lithium ion battery.
- AZEK added a bevy of new products including three new paver profiles, redesigned railings by TimberTech's Earthwood Evolutions, and the addition of the XLM Tropical and Natural Collections.
- Maine Heritage Timber uses reclaimed wood in its countertops, wainscoting, and flooring products.
- Klein Tools introduced a new Cushion-Grip Impact Punchdown Tool and blade that incorporates a cushion-grip handle, hi/lo impact settings and an inherently long shaft for reaching into narrow/crowded block.
- i-Lighting released its new line of iluma Rail Lighting.
- Bostik introduced Ultra-Set SingleStep2 wood flooring adhesives.
- Bellavita Tile released the Dolomite tile series.
- CertainTeed added the LokkLatch Magnetic gate hardware to the Bufftech vinyl fence product line.
- SKIL unveiled a 7 inch Wet Tile Saw with its HydroLock System to cut tile "without the mess."
- USP has a new line of epoxies, some of which are uniquely designed for colder weather use.
- Swizz Style released the German-engineered Brune B 500, a mobile humidifier and air purifier with direct water supply.
- Owens Corning unveiled its Devonshire Shingles as an affordable alternative to other slate-look shingles.
- Next Level Storage Solutions launched the FlexRack Pallet Rack, engineered to meet today's demanding and ever-changing needs for warehouse logistics managers.
- Victoria + Albert's Wessex tub marries new and old with green designs and traditional stylings.
- ROXUL launched its stone wool insulation at more than 1,600 U.S. home improvement stores.
- AZEK and TimberTechunveiled new decking, railing, lighting and recycled paper products at this year's International Builders' Show.
- Newcomer ISI Technology funded its Heatworks Model 1 water heater with over three times the product's donation target on Kickstarter.
- CertainTeed added new colors to its CedarBoards and Monogram 46 lines.
- Red Devil unveiled its new RDI line of industrial sealants, which includes noise-reducing and water-resistant products for use on windows, doors, and ducts.
- i-lighting announced a new line of iluma Outdoor Structure Lighting with the company’s Easy Plug connection technology and dimmer system.
- Nuheat added a WiFi-enabled thermostat called SIGNATURE to its product lineup.
- CertainTeed unveiled SMARTBATT and a revamped version of ColorView at IBS.
- Cree demonstrated a prototype of the first 200 lumen-per-watt LED concept luminaire.
- A new Epcon-brand epoxy for use on cracked concrete joins the Red Head product lineup.
- Koble will exhibit their Ultra series exterior door and all-wood Heritage series door at the upcoming IBS conference.
- Wolf introduced a new line of cabinets under the name Builders Mark.
- SimpliciKey unveiled new smartphone locking capabilities for its product, KeyCloud that allows users to lock/unlock doors from a mobile device.
- W.S. Tyler rolled out three new woven stainless steel wire mesh products with built-in LED lights to change lighting or play digital videos on building exteriors.
- Two new blades joined the Diablo lineup—a carbide-tipped reciprocating blade, and a 40-tooth general purpose blade.
- Columbia Lighting launched three new LED fixtures.
- Kolbe unveiled a multi-slide door intended for large openings to the VistaLuxe Collection.
- CGI Windows & Doors released Targa, a vinyl impact window designed to maximize security and energy efficiency.
- Casablanca Fan introduced eight new product families with energy-efficient designs at Dallas Market Show.
- LP Building Products released LP Solutions 5.0, an update to the CAD-based design program available to LP SolidStart Engineered Wood Products.
- Panda Windows & Doors in Las Vegas will unveil its newly patented, Track Assembly with drainage system at the International Builder Show in February in Las Vegas.
- Hardware Resource, based in Bossier City, La., introduced a new Asher cabinet hardware collection by Elements that updates the classic wire pull look with five finishes brushed chrome, brushed pewter, brushed oil rubbed bronze, polished chrome, and satin nickel.
- Railing Dynamics introduced its Transform railing system with a resin based core with no wood fiber or wood flour, making it impervious to water and rot. Transform has the look, weight, and feel of real wood.
- VERSATEX Trimboard extended its “2-by” VERSATEX Max system to include 2x4 and 2x6 sizes.
- Eastman Chemical reported that Perennial Wood decking and porch flooring have been approved for use by the Nantucket Historic District Commission, Nantucket, Mass.