Designed for factory installation or retrofit, Marvin's newly designed fully integrated interior shade system lets users control light by opening from the top or bottom. The cordless system is available to suit a range of Marvin windows, and swinging and sliding doors, and fits seamlessly with no measuring required.
"We are excited to bring to market an innovative solution that will change the customer's experience with windows and doors, and the shades that cover them," says Christine Marvin, director of marketing for Marvin Windows & Doors. "We give homeowners a perfect fit; the ability to open the shades before operating the window or door; and no interference with hardware. This is an offering that enhances the beauty of the windows and doors, unlike so many shade systems that actually detract from appearance."
On windows and swinging doors, the integrated shade operates from both the top down and the bottom up, allowing the user to position it anywhere—a feature not offered by other window and door manufacturers, the maker says. On sliding doors, Marvin shades move with the door, so users no longer have to open the shades to operate the door.
Unlike between-the-glass offerings, Marvin's solution is compatible with all glazing types, including gas-filled and surface-coated glazings. The interior shades also can be used with simulated divided lites with spacer bars, offering greater design flexibility.
Other features of this
revolutionary new offering include:
- Fully concealed mechanisms and hidden cord systems
- Available in either blackout or light-filtering fabrics for privacy and light control options
- Choose from 15 colors
- Shade surrounds can be ordered prefinished with a choice of Marvin's factory-applied interior finishes
- Shade material is anti-static; repels liquid, dust, and soil; and carries a 10-year warranty
- A precise fit means virtually no light bleed along the edges
- An integrated design means the shade doesn't protrude into the living area
- On sliding doors, the shade stack is completely hidden when retracted
Marvin Windows & Doors | 888.537.7828 | marvin.com