What does marriage advice have to do with remodeling? Lance McCarthy writes on how the tips for healthy communication in a relationship can apply to proper communication on a remodeling project.
McCarthy offers five communication tips for surviving a remodeling to contractor relationship.
- Schedule regular face-to-face meeting time
- Make sure to have everything in writing
- Prepare the client for as many stressful outcomes that may come from a remodeling project
- Pick your project priorities
- Be reasonable and don’t take advantage of an existing relationship