Tight on space? Consider creating a mini-office right in the kitchen! Houzz.com gives some pointers on how to make the kitchen a space to sort mail, charge your electronic devices, stash cookbooks, pay bills, and a cozy spot to work at home.
Houzz.com suggests taking these six things into consideration to create an effective kitchen office space:
- Make sure your office space is located out of the way of your kitchen work zone.
- Ensure that your kitchen space has places for corralling and charging electronics so they are out of the way of cooking ingredients that may tamper with your electronics.
- Make sure to include ample storage space by including baskets.
- Keep track of invitations, bills, and other items by installing a cork board to keep things out of the way
- Include shelving to keep cookbooks handy
- Create a well-light kitchen and office space by using overhead lights for proper reading. A way to do this is by installing lamps and under cabinet light fixtures to keep your desk and counter spaces illuminated.