Can you name the last time you really, and we mean really, listened? Whether it’s listening to members of our team, our customers and clients, supervisors, etc. it’s important to create an environment that encourages people to contribute and share great ideas. Here are seven tips on being a better listener.
- Think about the purpose of why someone is communicating to you and what they have to share. Do this by being open.
- Entrust in others the capacity to solve their own problems by giving them confidence to succeed.
- Ask questions that push the individual to go beyond their comfort zone, tap into their passions, and learn something new about how they work and see solutions to problems.
- Don’t interrupt someone when they are talking.
- Listen, but don’t judge. Stop yourself from thinking while someone is talking by letting go of all judgements and listening authentically.
To read the rest of the tips, click below.