The age of homeowners is expected to rise as baby boomers get set to retire.
Home builders and remodelers are looking to find ways to accommodate this age group in the future. Houzz contributor Sam Ferris writes on 11 ways to age proof a home.
- Install a shower bench
- Install a handled shower head
- Install double-duty grab bars
- Increase the height of your vanity
- Buy a comfort-height toilet
- Think twice about glass, as glass typically requires more maintenance
- Ensure that the space is properly light
- Choose porcelain wall and floor tile
- Look for textured flooring with high slip resistance
- Have a flat shower entry
- Make the lip around a tub’s entrance narrow