Read more >
It’s important that clients do their homework before any remodeling project. Staten Island Advance has 10 recommendations for what to do before any home remodeling project.
- Research the project
- Plan the project for the long term
- Set a budget
- Ask family, friends, neighbors, etc. for recommendations on professionals
- Be sure to ask the right questions on time and cost of a remodeling project.
- Verify each remodeler by asking for references, license numbers, insurance information, and certifications
- Review contracts thoroughly
- Keep design guides in mind for each remodeling project
- Make selections for products and materials for each component of the remodel
- Be sure to create a communication plan, as most remodeling projects eventual downfall is a breakdown in communication between the homeowner and the remodelers.