The Remodeling Cost vs. Value Report contains copyrighted material that is being made available in free downloadable PDF documents as a public service. Any reuse without express permission is prohibited, including but not limited to the following:
1. RESALE. The Cost vs. Value Report, whether in whole or part, may not be reproduced and sold in any format, including print, digital, electronic file, fax, or other medium.
2. PUBLICATION OF DATA. The Cost vs. Value Report, whether in whole or part, may not be distributed or published in any format, including print, digital, electronic file, fax, or other medium without obtaining express permission.
3. APPLICATIONS/SOFTWARE. The Cost vs. Value Report, whether in whole or part, may not be incorporated for use in any kind of computer- or Web-based application, calculator, database, or other automated, electronic, or digital device, instrument, or software except as licensed by Hanley Wood (see Licensing, below).
Excerpting Cost vs. Value Report Data
Excerpts of Cost vs. Value Report data may not take the form of a chart or table that simulates the manner in which the data is displayed at www.costvsvalue.com.
Excerpts of Cost vs. Value Report data may, however, be made as part of a narrative, provided that the sum total of all excerpts from any publisher in all formats does not exceed data from more than five projects.
When excerpting Cost vs. Value Report data, refer to the “Remodeling 2014 Cost vs. Value Report” and include the URL www.costvsvalue.com, as in the following examples:
“… as compiled in the Remodeling 2014 Cost vs. Value Report ( www.costvsvalue.com) ....”
This form of citation should be used in the first instance on every page of a multipage online story that cites the Cost vs. Value Report on multiple pages. Subsequent references on a given page may be foreshortened to “Cost vs. Value Report.”
All excerpts must be accompanied by one or more instances of the following acknowledgements of copyright:
“© 2014 Hanley Wood, LLC. Complete data from the Remodeling 2014 Cost vs. Value Report can be downloaded free at www.costvsvalue.com.”
Licensing of 2014 Cost vs. Value Report Data
For permission to license data from the 2014 Cost vs. Value Report for use in any kind of computer- or Web-based application, calculator, database, or other automated, electronic, or digital device, instrument, or software, send a request via e-mail to email@example.com, and include the following:
• a description of the application, calculator, or device for which use of the data is being requested. Include the length of time for which the license is sought.
• a detailed description of the material to be licensed (e.g., specific projects, cities, etc.).
Note: Licensing is not the same as excerpting. Guidelines for excerpting data form the Cost vs. Value Report appear above.