Michael Stone, author of Markup and Profit: A Contractor's Guide, is offering two-day classes to teach remodelers and construction workers how "to strengthen and build [their businesses]."
According to markupandprofit.com, class attendees will learn how to improve many areas of their businesses, including how to
- Compute your correct markup and gross margins and use that information to sell profitable jobs, hire new employees and purchase new equipment and vehicles
- Complete a year-end review and build a plan for each coming year to make it even better
- Set your own salary and get paid every two weeks
- Write a solid contract that protects both you and your client.
- Write and work with punch lists, making sure you only have one per job
Classes last seven hours each day with a one hour break for lunch. Attendees will also receive a notebook that contains information about the presentation and has room for taking notes.
Classes cost $495 and are being held in several locations across the country from now until mid-November. For more information and to sign up for the classes, follow the link below.