When Ewing Building & Remodeling, in Blacksburg, Va., moved into its new location, the larger 2,500-square-foot area offered the company more office space and a great opportunity to elevate the level of design options for its clients.
Designer Richard Anuszkiewicz planned the work in two phases, outfitting 75% of the space before the August 2010 move and leaving the remaining 25% to be completed in 2012. He then reevaluated his plans for this remaining space after the company moved in and began to use it, since the company recently added two new cabinet lines, Omega Cabinetry and KitchenCraft. The final three displays to be built show vignettes from these lines.
Though local clients prefer traditional design, the nearby university brings a diverse group of people to the area, many of whom prefer a more modern style. The three new vignettes showcase a range of modern designs from ultra modern to a transitional style.
In planning the showroom, Anuszkiewicz evaluated needs from both a design and a sales perspective. For example, one of the modern kitchen vignettes shows the same slab door in several different applications and finishes so potential clients can see that the company can cater to all their needs.
Delaying the installation of the final three vignettes also helped alleviate the design team’s busy schedule. “We can’t let the showroom work stand in the way of a potential job,” Anuszkiewicz says. —Nina Patel, senior editor, REMODELING.
More REMODELING articles about showrooms:
Showroom Smarts — Making your showroom pay
Show Stopper — A showroom to grab attention
Show Again — A showroom update gives this kitchen and bath remodeling company a sales boost.