You may have been in the remodeling business for a long time, but that doesn’t mean that you’re being the most efficient. CEO and founder of Audience Bloom Jayson Demers, lays out the 10 ways you and your employees can be more productive and less stressed day-to-day.
- Plan out your day by prioritizing tasks from day-to-day, week-to-week, and month-to-month. This will allow you to easily address mid-level responsibilities that won’t hinder you down the line towards your bigger goal.
- Take stock of the distractions you face everyday on the job. Write down how often throughout the day you are pulled away from your work by a passing conversation, Facebook article, text, etc. Once you know what’s distracting you can be more apt at devising strategies for avoiding them.
- Use a timer to see how long it takes you to do your everyday tasks. Knowing this will help you more efficiently allocate how much time tasks take. Demers asks whether or not, for example, you’re allocating an hour for a tasks that only takes thirty minutes? If so, you may need to change how you approach tasks.
- Know your weaknesses and then try and improve those weaknesses and skills. You can also delegate what you’re not good at to someone who is.
- Take breaks to let your mind breath, relieve stress, and “free up your mental faculties to help you get even more work done once you’re back." And with that in mind, be sure to cash in on your vacation days for a real vacation, not just one where you’re laying on a beach still answering e-mails.
To read more on ways to be effective and efficient, click below.