Gallup's analysis showed the strongest links between answers to these 12 questions (grouped in four “stages”) and a company's productivity, profitability, employee retention, and customer satisfaction. For more info, visit www.gallupjournal.com.
What Do I Get?
1. Do I know what is expected of me at work?
2. Do I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right?
What Do I Give?
3. At work, do I have an opportunity to do what I do best every day?
4. In the last seven days, have I received recognition or praise for doing good work?
5. Does my supervisor, or someone at work, seem to care about me as a person?
6. Is there someone at work who encourages my development?
Do I Belong Here?
7. At work, do my opinions seem to count?
8. Does the mission/purpose of my company make me feel my job is important?
9. Are my co-workers committed to doing quality work?
10. Do I have a best friend of work?
How Can We All Grow?
11. In the last six months, has someone at work talked to me about my progress?
12. This last year, have I had opportunities at work to learn and grow?