Want to boast a bigger social media footprint? Do these three things to boost your social presence:
- Search your company name on Google and review the first five pages of results. Do this on a quarterly basis.
- Claim or create your company’s profile on the top 10 social platforms for your industry: Facebook, Houzz, Pinterest, Porch, BuildZoom, Twitter, LinkedIn, Manta, Zillow, and Merchant Circle.
- Build a following, and post on your page at least once a week. Keep your followers entertained and intrigued.
And DON'T do these three things:
- Do NOT get on your soap box with religion, politics, or personal issues on your business profiles. Save that for your personal pages.
- Do NOT start profiles and then leave them abandoned for months and months.
- Do NOT bore your followers with a bunch of pictures without a story. And above all, do NOT post a year's worth of pictures in just one day.