Life Hacker reporter Melanie Pinola writes on the various problems she and her husband ran into when remodeling their 1920s home. While many of the problems that Pinola and her husband face are those that many new homeowners also face, but older homes come with their own issues.
- Outdated Plumbing and Electrical
- Unsafe Materials Like Lead and Asbestos
- Materials Used to Build Your Home Are No Longer Available
- Outdated Layouts, Like Long Corridors and Tiny Rooms
- Bad Renovation Work Done Over and Over