Aluminum construction includes carports, room additions, and pool enclosures. White Aluminum, a nearly 60-year-old company with 300,000 jobs on its books, is today in the throes of transition. “We understand clearly now how to position ourselves for the future,” its president, Bud Dorman, says.
• The company hired a local tech company to revamp and optimize its website.
• A comprehensive new marketing plan is based on the idea of generating 20% more leads at 20% less cost, primarily using Internet media.
• Staff are now equipped with smartphones.
• Working with local high schools, White Aluminum has created an apprentice installation program.
• By actively recruiting multilingual personnel, the company seamlessly responds to the sales and service needs of Latinos. One recent hire has a marketing degree from the University of Mexico.