This young team was formed when Greg Buitrago Jr. dropped out of college to take over the family company after his father was injured in an accident. He and Jorge Castellanos worked on a few projects together before joining forces. Buitrago runs sales and design; Castellanos manages operations and production.
• The pair are educating themselves by networking with local and national contractors, with the goal of building a business rather than a practice.
• Up until 2011, the company relied heavily on referrals. Realizing it wouldn’t meet its goal of 60% growth for 2013 without additional lead sources, it hired a marketing consultant.
• Sitting down with the client for 15 or 20 minutes to ask questions before taking a tour of the project helps build rapport with clients.
• The company raised its prices this year and also charges for its design agreement.
• Employees sign an agreement of rules and regulations for on-site behavior.