- Award category: Teamwork
- Speciality: Design/build remodeling
- 19 years in business
- 2009 volume: $1.8 million
Staff: 3 office, 3 field
Credit: Jay Brousseau | jaybrousseau.com
Carol and Dan Longacre started their company the way many couples do: Dan handled sales and production while Carol worked as a part-time bookkeeper. Within seven years, Carol became a full-time employee. She now works on business development, marketing, and insurance and legal issues. Dan is still in charge of production but shares sales duties with employee Jack Brawner, who also estimates and orders materials. Company services include residential remodeling, light commercial work, and new construction.
The couple is involved in the community — they are members of two chambers of commerce. They are also active in the remodeling industry, with Carol serving as vice president of the Home Builders Association of greater Dallas and as chair of the Remodelers Council for the Texas Association of Builders.
- Employees attend both local shows and the International Builders’ Show. Employees are also encouraged to take advantage of any installation classes offered by manufacturers.
- Staff receive a full range of clothing with the company’s logo on it.
- Four employees have CAPS (aging-in-place) certification. The company recently completed a whole-house update on a tight deadline so a quadriplegic client could come home from the hospital.
Notable quote: “Just being known by the community leaders helps. When someone says, ‘Who do I call for this?’ our name is one of first on the list,” Carol Longacre says.
- Nina Patel